Q: Can I purchase a mobile dental unit direct from ASI?
A: Yes. ASI sells direct to the consumer to provide the highest quality at the best value rather than through dealers.
How Do I Order and How Long Does it Take?
Q: How do I order?
A: ASI has base mobile dental units that cover most, if not all of the operators’ needs. Once you select the model that best suits your needs, you may further customize your dental delivery system to the way you practice. Custom options include, but are not limited to the addition of an electric motor, ultrasonic, curing light, and our Ergo Angle high volume evacuator. Choose the location of your dental instruments according to how you operate. Contact an ASI Sales Representative for guidance.
Q: How long does it take to receive my unit(s) once my order is placed?
A: When purchasing a mobile dental unit, ASI will make every effort to accommodate your schedule. As a general rule, mobile dental units take up to 4 weeks to complete, plus three additional days for shipping (please allow more time for shipping with international orders).
Q: I’m Interested In Purchasing A Mobile Dental Unit From ASI. What’s the Difference Between the Models?
- Mobile Dental Systems are equipped with an air compressor or a vacuum, or commonly contain both, depending on your needs.
- Model 2025 is our most popular self-contained mobile dental delivery system. Designed for 4-Handed, 12 O’Clock delivery, the 2025 is equipped with three air-driven handpiece connections for restorative procedures, an additional air/water syringe for the assistant, and a dual pivoting arm for improved positioning of the assistant’s instruments.
- Model 2021 is designed for 2-Handed, front delivery, equipped with one air-driven handpiece connection for hygiene and orthodontic procedures, a single air/water syringe, and suction instruments. This model can also be positioned at 12 O’Clock for 4-Handed dentistry.
- Model 2015 is designed for 2-Handed dentistry, equipped with three air-driven handpiece connections and an air/water syringe. Ideal for operatories with existing central vacuum.
- Model 2005/A is a dedicated dental assistant’s system, equipped with an air/water syringe and suction instruments. Normally this system would be located at the 12 O’Clock delivery position, with the doctor having their own system positioned in front of them.
Contact ASI’s sales department for assistance customizing your dental delivery system. (Email Sales)
Q: What’s the Difference Between the 2025 and 2025M?
- The 2025M has dual voltage capability and is designed for deployment with shipping container. The military grade construction and performance is consistent with all models.
Q: How will my mobile dental system ship?
A: Mobile dental systems ship via 3-Day Freight. Please note that international orders will vary.
Your mobile dental unit will arrive on a wooden pallet in a cardboard container and is designed for easy unpacking. Due to weight, ASI recommends a second person to help unpack.
Q: Where will my mobile dental system ship to?
A: Your dental unit will ship to the shipping address you provided on your order form.
Q: Can I ship my mobile dental unit to an address other than my practice?
A: Yes. Please be sure someone will be present at the shipping address. A signature will be required.
Q: How will I know when my mobile dental unit has shipped or will arrive?
A: We will coordinate your dental unit’s shipping and arrival date with you. Providing your email address on the order form ensures that you will receive tracking information from FedEx once the unit has been picked up from our facility.
Installation, Maintenance and Service
Q: Who will install my unit?
A: No special installation necessary. The units come fully built and ready for use. Just plug it in.
Q: How do I learn to use and maintain my system?
A: Give us a call to schedule a Phone In-service and we’ll walk you through set up, basic function of your new system and answer any questions you may have. Our customer service representatives are available Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm MST at 800-566-9953 or 303.766.3646.
The daily and preventative maintenance information for your unit is located in your owner’s manual and on the sticker located on the back of the unit.
Q: Who will service my unit?
A: ASI recommends contacting Dental Fix Rx, a nationwide service provider, for your maintenance needs. If you are currently working with a technician, they should be able to service your unit. Please be sure to make the Operation Manual available to them.
Q: What do I do if my unit malfunctions?
A: Many issues can be resolved by the operator without contacting a service technician. Please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide in the front of ASI’s Parts & Accessories catalog or contact ASI’s Technical Support Team Mon – Fri, 8am – 4:30pm Mountain Standard Time.
Q: What is the Limited Warranty Policy for an ASI Delivery System?
A: We provide a limited one year warranty on parts and a limited five year extended parts warranty on major, non-maintenance required components such as the aluminum body, casters and the main components that makeup the air compressor and vacuum. Maintenance items that are not covered in the five year extended warranty are normal wear and tear parts such as rubber gaskets, filters etc. which are sold separately in our annual preventative maintenance kits that sell for around $100 on average. The limited labor warranty is also one year.